Friday, May 9, 2008

Weekly Menu - week of May 11

It's menu planning time again! Seriously, where does the time go? The weeks seem to be flying by lately! I'm planning a little early because we had intended to have leftovers this evening, but forgot to put away the leftover pesto pasta salad on Wednesday, so there are no leftovers left to eat. Bummer. So here goes!

Ok, this took me forEVER to plan. I have really been drawing a blank lately on things to cook, and didn't feel like repeating things we've already had this year, but I'm doing it anyway with the grilled tempeh, giant burritos, and korma sauce. Oh well. I can live with that. ; )

A friend of mine has proposed a challenge to a bunch of us, to go a whole week without eating out at all. I know "a whole week" doesn't sound like very long, but then I started thinking about all the times we stop to get a soda at a drive-thru, or pick up some breakfast on the way to class, or go out and grab some lunch instead of coming up with something at home. This may be more difficult than I thought. The challenge starts Monday. We'll see how we fare.

Friday - Lentil Sloppy Joes

Saturday - Pasta with tomato vodka sauce, French bread, salad

Sunday - eating out for Mother's Day

Monday - dinner with Brad's family

Tuesday - Spicy broiled tempeh, cornbread pudding, salad

Wednesday - Black beans and rice, cornbread

Thursday - Giant burritos

Friday - Kofta korma, flat bread

Saturday - Banana pancakes

No comments: