Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lazy dinner

I had a monster busy day at work today, traffic was horrible all the way home, and we went right back out as soon as I got home, to buy fireworks for the kids. I whipped up a quick, easy, lazy dinner, and it was so good! I soaked some rice noodles in hot water, and mixed up a simple peanut sauce of peanut butter, mirin, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and cayenne pepper, then tossed it with the noodles and some cubed tofu. I wish I'd had some bean sprouts and carrots to add to it, but this worked in a pinch. It doesn't get much easier than that!

Photobucket

Brad, who doesn't care for anything peanut buttery, opted for some Coco curry and rice. Now that we know he's going back to Japan next month, and can stock up on more packs of it, we don't have to be so stingy with it anymore. Hooray!

Photobucket

No comments: