Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Busy night

Guys, I'm embarrassed to say that I'm going to be late yet again with this week's Tuesdays with Dorie installment. Ugh! I despise tardiness (you have no idea), so this is particularly upsetting for me. But it's been a busy day today at work, and then I also have to make ice cream for an employee birthday party tomorrow, so I just didn't have it in me to make the scones tonight. I'm really excited to make (and eat!) them, so watch for them tomorrow!

I'm excited about the ice cream I'm making, too! We don't own an ice cream maker, but a co-worker brought hers to work for me. I made the custard for vanilla ice cream tonight, then I'll dump it in the machine when I get to work in the morning. I also made a batch of pineapple-orange sorbet, which doesn't require churning, so hopefully that will turn out as well. I can't eat the vanilla ice cream (and didn't want to try out a vegan version on my co-workers), but I'm still excited to see what everyone thinks of it! I'll update about that tomorrow, too.

For now: good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've awarded you the Arte y Pico award! Check out my blog to get it!
http://bakersbakery.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/awards-and-a-give-away/
Best Wishes!
Carrie of CKC