Saturday, April 26, 2008

Julia Child's French Bread

I've been wanting to make Julia Child's French Bread since I saw the Daring Bakers making it not too long ago. French bread that takes all day to make? That's a challenge I'm willing to take! ; ) I had all day today to work on it, and I wanted to make French bread to go with tonight's jambalaya anyway, so I went for it.

Photobucket

All in all, I don't know if it was worth all the trouble. I mean, it was awesome bread, don't get me wrong, but I don't know if it was that much better than bread I can make from scratch in a third of the time. I'm glad I made it, though, since I've been intrigued by the recipe for some time now.

Because the recipe is so ridiculously long, I'm posting it in a separate, backdated entry. If you want to see it, click here.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on your bread! I know what a time investment that recipe is from doing it for the DB challenge and I agree with you, it is a good bread, but really not worth the effort. It is a good thing to conquer though!

Kerry said...

It looks really good!