Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Weekly Menu - week of February 3

Here is my menu for this week. Already some things have changed and been pushed back from what I originally had planned, because leftovers have lasted longer than I anticipated, and we don't want to waste food. Thankfully I didn't buy perishables (veggies and such) for more than a couple days out, though, so I can just bump the planned meals back a few days.  The good thing about that is that I hardly have to do anything to plan next week's menu, since I already have meals on standby.

In regards to this week's menu, we are trying to eat all vegetarian food at home this week. This is primarily for health reasons, but also we want to see if it will help us save money on our monthly grocery bill. I hope so! I do have beef in there for Saturday, though, as we're having family over for Brad's birthday dinner, and my roast beef po' boys have been requested.

So here it is, my revamped menu for this week!

SUNDAY
breakfast - cereal and milk
lunch - pb&j, frozen gogurt tubes, pretzels
dinner - tortilla pie, green salad

MONDAY
breakfast - cinnamon toast, applesauce
lunch - leftover tortilla pie
dinner - more leftover tortilla pie

TUESDAY
breakfast - cereal and milk
lunch - lunch out at Cracker Barrel.  Yum!
dinner - still more leftover tortilla pie

WEDNESDAY
breakfast - cereal and milk
lunch - grilled cheese, grapes
dinner - faux meatloaf, baked potatoes, steam-sauteed green beans

THURSDAY
breakfast - candy apple muffins
lunch - meatloaf sandwiches
dinner - baked potato bar (veggie chili, fake bacon bits, cheese, onion, olives, broccoli, sour cream)

FRIDAY
breakfast - hash made from leftover baked potatoes
lunch - cottage cheese and applesauce
dinner - dinner and cocktails out for Brad's birthday

SATURDAY
breakfast - oatmeal
lunch - pb&j, fruit
dinner - roast beef po' boys, cole slaw, chips, birthday cake

No comments: