Thursday, February 7, 2008

Candy Apple Muffins

My mom found this recipe when I was in elementary school, and they were an instant hit.  I took the recipe to my Home Ec teacher in junior high, and she loved it and added it to her permanent recipe line-up for class.  These really are fun muffins.  They're just applesauce muffins with red hot candies stirred into the batter, and they taste delicious.  Kids love them!

I threw these together this morning, right after I got out of the shower.  They literally took less than 5 minutes to mix and get into the oven, and they were done baking by the time I finished getting dressed, doing my make-up and drying my hair.  You can't beat that!  

Candy Apple Muffins

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup red hots

Preheat oven to 400.

Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check often as they may cook quickly.

No comments: