Thursday, June 26, 2008

Red Beans & Rice

Photobucket

Brad has been cooking a lot this week. I've been really tired by the time I get home from work (don't ask me why, it's not like my job is strenuous in any way), so he's stepped up and helped out in the kitchen. Earlier this week he made some really yummy chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce, full of such good things as zucchini, tomato, mushrooms and onions, and we ate on that for two days.

And tonight he made one his specialties: Red Beans & Rice. He even veganized them for me, using Tofurkey smoked sausage rather than the meat kind, and leaving out the ham. These beans are so freaking good! I'm not going to say that Brad's cooking is the reason I married him, but let's be honest...it was a factor. ; ) I'll have him type up the recipe later.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love beans and rice! Don't let Brad forget to put the recipe on here. I'll try it next week:)

grace said...

i'm automatically attracted to anything beany. this is clearly no exception. nicely done, brad!

alisa said...

I think we have the same forks<3