Saturday, June 7, 2008

Just chillin'

Hey all,

I don't have much to post right now.  I've been busy with work, we've been eating some leftovers and takeout, so I haven't had a lot to blog about.  This weekend LSU baseball has their super regional tournament, and Brad and I have tickets, so we'll be eating ballpark food and enjoying the games.  Geaux, Tigers!  : )  We also volunteered at the Kidney Walk this morning, which was a lot of fun.  Brad was out of the house before 5:30am, to help get the drinks delivered and set up, and the kids and I arrived at 7:30, then I spent the morning in the kids' area, painting faces.  It was so much fun!  I painted butterflies, rainbows, LSU logos, alien faces, koalas in trees, hearts, flowers, unicorns, sharks, and (the #1 request) lots and lots of Hello Kitty faces.  Fun!  I had an absolute blast, and the kids were so sweet and gracious.  We had a steady stream of customers for about three hours, so it was a busy morning!

I did make a batch of Puerto Rican sofrito beans & rice on Thursday, and they were awful.  What a bummer.  I love rice and beans, so I was sure we would love it, but I really didn't care for it.  Brad and Meg both enjoyed it, but I hated it.  I was starving since I didn't get lunch at work that day, so I choked it down out of necessity.  Next time I'll stick with a tried and true rice and beans recipe.  Last night we slacked and just picked up some take-and-bake pizza from Papa Murphy's.  Yum!

Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to make my TWD recipe, although with all the baseball games, I can't promise anything.  I'll do my best!  

I promise there will be more recipes and photos to come soon!

No comments: