Friday, February 15, 2008

Peanut Rice

This is soooooo delicious!  Both Brad and I scarfed it down, and can't wait to have it again.

I used a standard medium-grain rice since I couldn't find basmati rice at the two grocery stores I shop at, and it still tasted great.  I also made this in my rice cooker instead of on the stovetop, cooking the rice, water, salt and turmeric together, then stirring the peas and peanuts in when it was done cooking.  

Peanut Rice

1 cup uncooked basmati rice
2 1/4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 cup frozen petite peas
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts

Mix the rice, water, salt, and turmeric in a pot, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.

Stir the peas and peanuts into the cooked rice to serve.

No comments: