Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday dinner

Our weekly menu plan got shaken up somewhat today, since our new puppy Ringo was getting neutered today, and Brad couldn't make it all the way out to Whole Foods. So I did some swapping of days, and tonight we had quinoa salad and French bread for dinner. I made this salad a few months ago, and Brad recently requested that I make it again. I hate repeating recipes too often, because I get bored when I do, but this is one worth repeating! It's light, fresh and delicious. And filling! Quinoa is awesome in that regard, and a little goes a long way, not just in regards to serving size, but also in regards to how much it yields when you cook quinoa. Two cups of dry quinoa ballooned to about 8 cups of cooked. Wow! So I only made half of it into salad, and set the rest aside to have for breakfast and snacks. Perfect!

Click here for the recipe I posted earlier this year.

Photobucket

No comments: